Add to this record?
If you have photographs, documents or information that can contribute to this record, you can upload hereContribute
Source: Michael Doyle Their Name Liveth For Evermore: The Great War Roll of Honour for Leicestershire and Rutland. He was the son of Thomas Potter Wain and Mary Lillian Wain. His date of death is given as 20th or 21st July 1916. His younger brother John A. also died.
- Conflict - World War I
- Burial Place - I J 8, Albert Communal Cemetery Extension
- Other Memorials - Brush Electrical Engineering Company Limited (inside Carillon), Loughborough Carillon, War Memorial Bell Tower
- Unit - King's Royal Rifle Corps
- Cause of death - DIED OF WOUNDS
- Burial Commemoration - Albert Com. Cem. Ext., France
- Born - Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Enlisted - Leicester
- Place of Residence - 1 Chestnut Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
- Memorial - CARILLON TOWER MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICS
- Memorial - ST. PETER'S CHURCH, LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICS
- Memorial - THE BRUSH ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COMPANY MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICESTERSHIRE
- Memorial - ROSEBERY SCHOOL MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICESTERSHIRE