Add to this record?
If you have photographs, documents or information that can contribute to this record, you can upload hereContribute
Source: Michael Doyle Their Name Liveth For Evermore: The Great War Roll of Honour for Leicestershire and Rutland. He was the son of Edwin John and Sarah Ann Gartshore. The War Diary for today records. TRENCHES facing MONCHY AU BOIS. At 10.05am the Brigadier and Major VILLARS, Staff Captain came round trenches. The chief work now is draining trenches. At 3.00pm the Hun suddenly opened salvoes from at least two Batteries, 5.9 and 4.2 inch and whizz bangs on our front and support lines. He fired for 2 minutes only. Sergeant GARTSHORE was killed, one man died later of wounds, and another was wounded. There was some rain today.
- Conflict - World War I
- Burial Place - Viii A 1, Bienvillers Military Cemetery
- Other Memorials - Brush Electrical Engineering Company Limited (inside Carillon)
- Unit - Leicestershire Regiment
- Cause of death - KILLED IN ACTION
- Burial Commemoration - Bienvillers Mil. Cem., France
- Born - Quorn, Leicestershire
- Enlisted - Mountsorrel, Leicestershire
- Place of Residence - 88 Barrow Road, Quorn, Leicestershire, England
- Memorial - QUORN MEM., LEICS
- Memorial - THE BRUSH ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COMPANY MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICESTERSHIRE