Add to this record?
If you have photographs, documents or information that can contribute to this record, you can upload hereContribute
Source: Michael Doyle Their Name Liveth For Evermore: The Great War Roll of Honour for Leicestershire and Rutland. He was the son of Walter Benskin a Steam Engine Maker and Fitter, born 1864 in Loughborough, Leics., and his wife Mary, born 1863 in Hoton, Leics. Frank was born in 1891 in Loughborough, Leics., his siblings were John William, born 1884, Walter Robert, born 1887, Polly, born 1894, Edward John, born 1895, Leonard, born 1896, Nellie, born 1899, Thomas, born 1900 and Irene, born 1901, all his siblings were born in Loughborough, Leics., in March 1901 the family home was at 37, Station Street, Loughborough, Leics., in the Ecclesiastical Parish of St. Peter. In April 1911 Frank was employed as a Polisher and was residing in the family home at 121, Burder Street, Loughborough, Leics., together with his widowed and remarried father, and step mother Emma Jane Benskin, born 1871 in Loughborough, Leics., and his siblings, Jack, Polly, Edwin, Leonard, Nellie, Thomas and Irene, and half brothers and sister, Wilfred, born 1906, Harry, born 1908, Doris May, born 1909 and George, born 1911, the latter four siblings were all born in Loughborough, Leics. The War Diary for today records. SAULTY. The enemy sent over heavy minnenwerfer and other trench mortar bombs. A large bomb fell on a shelter killing 4 men. 10250 Sgt. B. NEWBOLD, 10159 Sgt. P. AUSTIN, 10369 Pte. S. WADE, 10904 Pte. F. BENSKIN all C Company. The following were wounded 11911 Pte. A. DAWSON, B Company, 18442 Pte. T. JONES, A. Company.
- Conflict - World War I
- Burial Place - I A 32, Bienvillers Military Cemetery
- Other Memorials - Brush Electrical Engineering Company Limited (inside Carillon), Loughborough Carillon, War Memorial Bell Tower
- Unit - Leicestershire Regiment
- Cause of death - KILLED IN ACTION
- Burial Commemoration - Bienvillers Mil. Cem., France
- Born - St. Peter's, Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Enlisted - Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Place of Residence - 121 Burder Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
- Memorial - CARILLON TOWER MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICS
- Memorial - EMMANUEL CHURCH, LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICS
- Memorial - ALL SAINT'S CHURCH, LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICS
- Memorial - THE BRUSH ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COMPANY MEM., LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICESTERSHIREMem., Loughborough, Leicestershire