Add to this record?
If you have photographs, documents or information that can contribute to this record, you can upload hereContribute
Source: Michael Doyle Their Name Liveth For Evermore: The Great War Roll of Honour for Leicestershire and Rutland. He was the son of William Chedgey a domestic gardener, born 1868 in Aldenham, Herts., and his wife Ellen Elizabeth, born 1865 in Sheerness, Kent. Percy James was born in 1893 in Little Berhampstead, Herts., his siblings were, William C., born 1892 in Little Berkhampstead, Herts, Robert Edwin, born 1895 and Dora Annie, born 1897, the latter two siblings were both born in Bitteswell, Leics., in March 1901 the family home was at Bitteswell, Leics. His younger brother Robert Edwin accidentally drowned at sea.
- Conflict - World War I
- Burial Place - V E 10, Warlincourt Halte British Cemetery, Saulty
- Unit - London Regiment
- Cause of death - DIED OF WOUNDS
- Burial Commemoration - Warlincourt Halte British Cem., Saulty, France
- Born - Little Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire
- Enlisted - London
- Place of Residence - Bitteswell, Leicestershire, England
- Memorial - ST. MARY'S CHYRD. MEM., BITTESWELL, LEICS